Now that it is 2020, I am aiming to be more organised and to help and support people to do the same.
What people never really want to talk about is the three things in life that we need to plan for.
For most people it is what I would call the following.
Births, Marriages and Deaths.
Christenings, Wedings and Funerals.
Divorce, Dementia and Death.
I'll health, Old age, Loneliness.
Alot of these no one really things about or even plans for. WHY WOULD YOU?
Especially on today's society where most people are living hand to mouth and unable to save each month to pay for the basic needs.
Food,Warmth and Shelter.
Being able to pay for and thing else without needing an over draft, loan or using HP seem improbable.
Yet over time the unineveratable will happen we will die.
When we will die or how this will take places no one can really know, which is why you are constantly seeing adverts on line for insurance (life) and prepaid funeral plans.
But again is this something you want to be paying for the moment that you start to work?
I myself was advised to get life indurances and paired into a plan from the age of 16, but had to stop paying it when I lost my job became homeless and had no money to live on.
I estimated that I lidt around £4,000 that if Ii had put that money into a saving account instead that I could shave possible lived one during my illness and not lost my home.
When you look at it this way what is life insurances really? Jow does it work and will they even payout in the long run?
I believe that if you do look at life insurances or even private pensions that you need to read and then reread the policy that you are paying into.
I would hate for anyone to suffer like I did and lose all their money that they gave been saving.
Now the second thing regarding funerals and should you prepay for one.
Again I would have to say personal choices and do your research carefully I have put some links on my blog to surport you with choosing the right choice for your self.
The last and finally thawing that I believe everyone needs to gave in places I a will, when a person dies intestate it is a nightmare to deal with and make sure that your appointed executives of your will are informed.
The worse and the most emotionally thing when someone dies is the reading of the will.
I myself was disinherated form parts of my family and found out years later why. YES you can contest a will but it is a costly process so be prepared for the fact that your nearest and dearest may choice to leave a the money to the cat.
One other thing that I would also recommend is how venerable people may get including yourself in old age.
So please be careful.
There are alot of people out there including those who are.
Friends, Family, Neighbours
Who would no think twice to try and
Manipulate and deceive vulnerable elderly people especially when you are lonely and isolated.
Manipulate and deceive vulnerable elderly people especially when you are lonely and isolated.
You say all the time on the news and in local papers are the elderly has been forced or tricked into giving up the whole estate and life savings due to unscrupulous people that they have within Society and some of these people are not always strangers they can even be your own family and friends and neighbours even your own love once and spouse that may still live within your own home.
Once again I am saying this on the era of caution because I have known of family members of whom has been tripped and conned due to being lonely and vulnerable into giving away their entire uh life to so-called charities that have said that they will then auction off all of the items in question and give the money to the chosen charity that they have put in their will.
What you find with these people if they are con artists and they are not actually going to be giving that money to the charities at all what you will find is that most of those items will end up in a hawk and house or in their back pocket they will then use that money for their own personal gain.
At the time and I had this happened to my great aunt she could barely speak English as being a migrant from Poland she had lost all of her friends and family had lost contact with her brother we only managed to get in contact with her when they found out that her next of kin what's her brother on her medical records I was very lucky to get to see her before her passing we went to her house hoping to save some of the areas and to send them to her family back in Poland only to get a threatening letter of a court order saying that we had no rights and we had illegally Trust passed into her property which is now become the state of some so-called charity at the time my Grandad who was a Mexican was to elderly and vulnerable he therefore allowed these people to take away everything even photographs.
Again if something like this was to happen to another one I would recommend seeking legal advice but unfortunately one thing they will probably say is that because they have got a will then that is binding but that does not mean that you cannot contest this well and seat legal action to do so.
One more thing that I would also like to had is reading personal care. When the time comes we all need a little help from time to time and this can be done a number of ways.
Friends, Friends and Loved ones,
NHS Support, Private Health Care, Socail Care.
In house Home Care or Care Home.
Today the list is endless for the opportunities that one can have in order to hopefully support you in the last stage of your life however most of this is not free which is weird things like assets coming to play play savings and what you are legally allowed to claim and entitled to this is something again that I would recommend that you seek advice and guidance from there are specialist websites services out there that can help and support you with this.
Another option is appointing
An advocate support service or giving somebody legal power of attorney again if you go down this route I would strongly recommend that you get the right advice and guidance before doing so.
One of the link that I will also add to this page is about modern slavery I think that it is very important that this link gets added and that people are aware that savoury still happens in today's Society in a number of different ways and one way is by the elderly and vulnerable being manipulated buy their own family friends and loved ones sometimes due to their own health conditions they may not even be aware that it is taking place but if you as a general member of the public or a friend or family of a loved one feel that this may be happening to someone you know it is worth contacting this organisation for further information and details.
I hope that the information I have provided is of used for further information please subscribe to this blog or contact me direct..
No comments:
Post a Comment